Jill Bruno OrthodonticsChevy Chase, MD
Soft curves and rounded elements in the design of this 12th floor 1500sf dental office allude to the clouds outside, and evoke the touch of femininity the doctor desired. The majority of the space is a white shell, allowing light and shadow to emphasize the curves and to serve as a neutral backdrop to select areas of color that animate the space. The sense of openness and transparency is reinforced through the sharing of natural light from the exterior windows through the glass walls in the perimeter offices.
- The project was featured in INTERIOR DESIGN magazine in February 2006
- it won an American Institute of Architects/Northern Virginia chapter Award for Excellence in Design in May 2006
- it was featured in TRENDS/Commercial Design in August 2006
- it won an American Institute of Architects/DC chapter Merit Award in Interior Architecture in September 2006
- it won an American Institute of Architects/Potomac Valley MD Chapter Merit Award in Interior Architecture in October 2006
- it received a National Healthcare Environment Award Competition 2006 Honorable Mention in Health & Fitness Facilities category in November 2006
- It was also published in "Orthodontic Products" magazine in September 2007.
- The Project was featured in the Summer 2016 issue of METRO ARCHITECT on FORMA Design and our work through the past 20 years.
“The goal for my office was to create a unique and comfortable environment that reflected my personality within a small space. I wanted to appeal to an upscale patient base and a wide range of ages, from toddlers to adults. FORMA, in a creative way, proposed solutions that resulted in numerous architectural awards."Jill Bruno, DMD, MsEd. - Jill Bruno Orthodontics, Chevy Chase,MD