Bloo DentalBrambleton, Virginia
When FORMA was interviewing the dentist owner during the schematic phase of the project, it became apparent that, apart from dentistry, his passion was scuba diving; his wife even divulged how hard it was sometimes to convince him to wear anything but blue... So the blue water became the core inspiration for both the branding of the practice and the design of the space. Drawing from the dictionary pronunciation, bloo dental was born. The 2500sf Family Dentistry practice in Brambleton, VA specializes in the treatment of both adults and children. An underwater theme was expressed in the curved forms of the defining walls and ceilings, the privacy film on the glass partitions, the carved sea-pod panels throughout the space. White floors and walls contrast with the deep blue to create a dazzling effect. The reception area video wall of moving water sets the tone, while graphics, signage and website complete the branding of the practice that immediately drew a crowd of excited families.
- Bloo Dental is the cover project for the new book, "Doctors' Practices"
- The office was featured in Healthcare Design magazine in the article Why Good Design is Good Business
- Bloo Dental was the subject of a feature article in the Washington Post Magazine
- The project was awarded the 2012 Gold Award for Healthcare Design from The International Interior Design Association's (IIDA) Mid-Atlantic Chapter.
- The February 2011 issue of Interior Design Magazine featured this project in the article "Into the blue" The Architecture|DC Magazine, Fall 2011 Issue includes an article on the project, ”Bloo Toothsome"
- It won an American Institute of Architects/Miami chapter Award of Excellence in Interior Design in November 2012.
- The Project was featured in the Summer 2016 issue of METRO ARCHITECT on FORMA Design and our work through the past 20 years.
“It has been an amazing experience working with FORMA Design to create my new dental practice. I always wanted an office that is modern and atypical in design- and the results far exceed any expectations I had. Though I personally really enjoy coming to work everyday, the space design itself helps our patients feel less stressed about coming to the dentist; some have noted that “it's like walking into a luxurious spa”. The design of the office has been a practice builder for us in many ways: we've been featured in multiple publications, patients refer others after experiencing the office, and the design of the space itself reinforces the notion that we care about their comfort and are very meticulous on every level with the care we provide. Most people fear going to the dentist and I really feel that we've changed that notion to the point that our patients actually look forward to their visits here.”Dr. Hares Rahim, DMD- Bloo Dental, Brambleton, VA